Chad leads Ulteig’s Renewable Lifeline Sector as Market Director. He joins Ulteig with 14 years’ experience in engineering and heavy construction with an emphasis on transmission and utility-scale renewable power projects. With a civil engineering background, Chad entered the renewable market in 2008 and was involved in delivering over 7,200 MW of wind, solar, and storage projects in the Americas. He has held various management roles leading teams of engineers, schedulers, estimators, and bid managers. He is technically competent and credentialed with team management experience and personal skills to effectively lead teams. Chad holds a BS in civil/structural engineering and an MS in engineering & technology management, both from Colorado School of Mines. Connect with Chad on LinkedIn.
Featured Project Experience
- Responsible for EPC activities of $1.2b transmission project, led team of engineers in preliminary engineering and construction planning of 1800km transmission network connecting remote communities.
- Oversaw technical integration of GPS machine control for fleet of motor graders, dozers, and scrapers for self-perform construction division
- Developed life cycle analysis toolkit to support Independent Power Provider (IPP) in conductor selection accounting for annual energy losses, improving avg net present value )
- Lead engineering efforts supporting interconnection and crossings agreements with utilities and cooperatives; ERCOT, CALISO, PJM, MISO, HONI, and AESO territories
- Expanded into Chilean wind energy market by leading engineering activities for 400MW development assets.
Featured Blog Article