- Ulteig’s Denver office was recently awarded a 2019 Top 150 Workplace recognition by The Denver Post. Founded on the basis that the most successful companies are the ones that employees believe in, this distinguished designation was based solely on feedback from our Denver employees.
- For the fifth consecutive year, Ulteig was recognized as a National Standard Top Workplace by the Minneapolis Star Tribune. Over 2,000 public, private and nonprofit organizations with operations in Minnesota were invited to participate in the annual survey, and over 140,000 employees shared their views.
- In its September 2019 issue, Prairie Business Magazine recognized Ulteig as one of its 50 Best Places to Work for the second year in a row. With 1,400+ individual nominations, winners were selected based on responses to a questionnaire as well as total number of submissions received by each organization.
- Ulteig has once again made the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal’s Largest Twin Cities Engineering Firms list in 2020.
- In 2019, Ulteig moved up 14 places to #211 on the Engineering News-Record (ENR) annual Top 500 Design Firms list. Ulteig was also ranked among the top design firms in the publication’s sector-specific lists for Power, Wind power and Transmission & Distribution.
- In 2019, we received the “Million Work Hours Award,” presented by the National Safety Council to companies having zero injuries or illnesses involving time away from work for at least one million consecutive work hours.
- Ulteig is proud to have won an Engineering Excellence Award in the Small Projects category from the North Dakota chapter of the American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC) for the Medina Rest Area Improvements project in Medina, ND.
Ulteig is among the most highly regarded engineering and technical services firms in North America.
Our Value Proposition
Our Value Proposition
Clients depend on us to deliver comprehensive engineering and technical services that strengthen infrastructure vital to everyday life.
In 1944 our founder Melvin Ulteig started lighting things up through his vision to bring electricity to the Upper Midwest. Today, 75 years later, Ulteig continues to expand our vision, serving clients in over 40 states, offering solutions across four lifeline sectors – Power, Renewables, Transportation and Water – and through the dedicated work of over 450 employee-owners. Whether 1944 or today, we have never lost sight of the deep commitment Mel had to clients, to collaboration and to solutions that make a difference.