- Ulteig’s Denver office has once again been awarded a 2021 Top 150 Workplace recognition by The Denver Post. Founded on the basis that the most successful companies are the ones that employees believe in, this distinguished designation was based solely on feedback from our Denver employees.
- For the sixth consecutive year, Ulteig was recognized as a National Standard Top Workplace by the Minneapolis Star Tribune. Over 3,000 public, private and nonprofit organizations with operations in Minnesota were invited to participate in the annual survey, and over 76,000 employees shared their views.
- Ulteig has been named to Zweig Group’s 2021 Hot Firm List, which honors the 100 fastest growing firms in the architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) industry in the US. Ulteig came in at #10! To be considered for this award, firms are ranked by a score comprised of both dollar and percentage revenue growth rate over a three-year period.
- Ulteig has once again made the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal’s Largest Twin Cities Engineering Firms list in 2021.
- In 2021, Ulteig moved up 24 spots in the rankings to #139 on the Engineering News-Record (ENR) annual Top 500 Design Firms list.
- In 2020, we received the “Million Work Hours Award,” presented by the National Safety Council to companies having zero injuries or illnesses involving time away from work for at least one million consecutive work hours.
- In 2021, Ulteig ranked #6 among EC&M’s Top 40 Electrical Design Firms. The Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) magazine recently published their annual list of the Top 40 Electrical Design Firms. Ulteig held its position within the Top 10 moving up two spots from last year to #6. The publication ranked firms by electrical design revenue earned in 2020.
- In its September 2020 issue, Prairie Business Magazine recognized Ulteig as one of its 50 Best Places to Work for the third year in a row. With 1,400+ individual nominations, winners were selected based on responses to a questionnaire as well as total number of submissions received by each organization.
- Ulteig is proud to have won an Engineering Excellence Award in the Small Projects category from the North Dakota chapter of the American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC) for the Medina Rest Area Improvements project in Medina, ND.
Ulteig is among the most highly regarded engineering and technical services firms in North America.
Our Value Proposition
Our Value Proposition
Clients depend on us to deliver comprehensive engineering and technical services that strengthen infrastructure vital to everyday life.
In 1944 our founder Melvin Ulteig started lighting things up through his vision to bring electricity to the Upper Midwest. Today, 75 years later, Ulteig continues to expand our vision, serving clients in over 40 states, offering solutions across four lifeline sectors – Power, Renewables, Transportation and Water – and through the dedicated work of over 700 employee-owners. Whether 1944 or today, we have never lost sight of the deep commitment Mel had to clients, to collaboration and to solutions that make a difference.