As a leader in the engineering industry, Ulteig continues to expand its portfolio of infrastructure and field service projects. Our professional engineering consultants cover a wide range of services including design and planning and serve primary Lifeline Sectors®: Power, Renewables, Transportation and Water.
With over 75 years in the engineering industry, our clients choose Ulteig to improve the design and reliability of critical infrastructure and deliver vital engineering, program and technical solutions. Our wide range of satisfied clients include:
- Local, City, State and Federal Government (Government Agencies)
- Public Utilities
- IOUs (Investor Owned Utilities)
- Construction Companies
On average, Ulteig manages over 1,800 projects a year. Nearly 80% of clients call Ulteig a “strategic partner/trusted advisor”. They spoke to the exceptional partnership, relationship and results.
Ulteig Fast Facts
- Named to Zweig Group’s 2020 Hot Firm List at #28
- Named Top 25 Engineering Firm in 2020 by the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal
- For the sixth year in a row, recognized as a National Standard Top Workplace by the Minneapolis Star Tribune
- In 2020, Prairie Business Magazine recognized Ulteig as one of its 50 Best Places to Work for the third consecutive year
- We are 100% employee owned by over 650 Ulteig professionals
- Awarded a 2020 Top Workplaces by the Denver Post
- Moved up 48 spots to #163 on the 2020 ENR Top 500 Design Firms list
Ulteig is among the most highly regarded engineering and technical services firms in North America.
Our Value Proposition
Our Value Proposition
Clients depend on us to deliver comprehensive engineering and technical services that strengthen infrastructure vital to everyday life.
In 1944 our founder Melvin Ulteig started lighting things up through his vision to bring electricity to the Upper Midwest. Today, 75 years later, Ulteig continues to expand our vision, serving clients in over 40 states, offering solutions across four lifeline sectors – Power, Renewables, Transportation and Water – and through the dedicated work of over 650 employee-owners. Whether 1944 or today, we have never lost sight of the deep commitment Mel had to clients, to collaboration and to solutions that make a difference.